Toefl for International Students

Kaplan offers the TOEFL, (Test of English as a Foreign Language) program, as well as a placement center to help students who live outside of the US gain admission into a college or university. With this services, you can gain acceptance to a US school before leaving your home country, even if you do not have the required English skills when applying!

Kaplan can recommend a program for you, guide you through the admissions process, and help you obtain a Conditional* Letter of Acceptance from one or more of their partner institutions. Learn more about the TOEFL and Kaplan's program for international students.

Kaplan International Colleges TOEFL® iBT students are monitored regularly and student progress is recorded in their Student File. The student file tracks key English skill development, as well as outlines areas of language training that should be improved upon.

At the end of the course, students receive a Kaplan International Colleges or PLI Certificate of Achievement detailing the level of proficiency in English achieved. The certificate, together with your student file, documents your language achievements and can be presented to future employers or educational institutions as proof of English ability.

Your ultimate reward will be the improvement in your score when you take the exam and receiving your acceptance letter from the academic institution in North America you've been dreaming about!

VISA Questions

Non-immigrant alien students coming to the United States for the primary purpose of study should enter the U.S. on a student visa, or an F-1 visa. If you need a student visa, you should apply as soon as possible. Kaplan can help you process your application and send you the required paperwork, including an I-20 (See Financial Certification below) if necessary. But, you will still have to wait for your local US Embassy or Consulate to issue the student visa. Kaplan

    Financial Certification

    Students who need an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 Student Visa, to change to student status, or to transfer schools, must be able to document adequate financial support. Financial support must cover all expenses, including tuition, books, housing and meals, and related academic fees for the duration of program study. Kaplan estimates the average living expenses plus health insurance coverage to be a minimum of US $865 per month. For dependents, add US $400 per person per month for living expenses.

    Financial support can be certified in any one of the following ways:

    1. A copy of your or your parent's or sponsor's bank statement confirming that you have the required funds.
    2. A letter from a bank stating your or your parent's current account balance.
    3. A letter of guarantee of financial support from your government or other sponsoring organization.

    US Citizenship and Immigration Services

    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), an agency of the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for enforcing the laws regulating the admission of foreign-born individuals to the US and for administering various immigration benefits, including the naturalization of qualified applicants for U.S. citizenship. USCIS also works with the Department of State, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the United Nations in the admission and resettlement of refugees. USCIS is headed by a Commissioner who reports to the Attorney General.

    You may need to contact the UCIS when changing your visa status, seeking employment or seeking reinstatement. However, if you are studying at a Kaplan English Programs center, you may work with the International Student Adviser to complete the process.

TOEFL iBT with CD-ROM TOEFL Idioms Quiz Book TOEFL Vocabulary Quiz Book
with CD-ROM
TOEFL Idioms
Quiz Book
TOEFL Vocabulary
Quiz Book

Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions (

Is the TOEFL® course right for you?

This is the right course for you if:

  • You want to achieve a good score on the internationally recognized internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language
  • You want to prepare for university in the USA or Canada
  • You would like to attend a university or college in North America or Canada and need to take the TOEFL® iBT to gain entry
  • You are aiming high and want a course geared towards exam success!
  • You want to benefit from expert tuition and a curriculum developed by Kaplan, the world leader in test preparation
  • You want access to exclusive course materials which focus on TOEFL ® test-taking strategies as well as academic English skills
  • You want to improve your chances of success with full-length simulation tests

Kaplan English Programs hosts free events throughout the year. Consider visiting one of these events - tailored to non-native English speakers interested in learning more about getting into a school or university in the USA and Canada.

RSS Feed   mini-logo for Twitter   mini-logo for Facebook